My main aim for this site was to anonymously share my net worth, so here we go – I’m putting all my numbers out there.
Let’s start with the data:)
I’ve displayed this month, last month and last years values for comparison.
|Category||Aug 2014||Jul 2014||Monthly Change||Aug 2013||Annual Change|
So to bring a bit more context into these rather dry numbers, I’ve elaborated on my categories below, and added a bit of insight to my personal situation, as we are all different.
- This includes my high interest current account, cash ISA savings and Peer to Peer savings.
- This fluctuates a lot as I get paid quarterly (and I got paid this quarter, so looking very healthy now)
- This is my long term investing in a tax sheltered NISA (and £1k of shares I’m waiting to rise)
- The aim is to through all my money in this and max it out with £15k each year going forwards
- A combination of an old employer pension, and a SIPP I pay my pension into now and self manage
- Currently pay £1k a month into the SIPP
- My house where I live, it’s a lovely 3 bed semi in Outer London
- I value this using the Nationwide House Price Index, I’ve also done loads of improvements, which haven’t been factored in
- My run-around – I depreciate this by a fixed £100 each month, and check if against used prices occasionally and adjust as needed
- A balancing item for any items on credit cards – I pay these off monthly and don’t carry any balances month to month, but as I count my current account balance as a cash asset, need to offset this
- The mortgage on my home, am very happy that this is now < 60% LTV
- I have been overpaying this by £500/month, this money is now going to go into investments after I remortgage
- As I’m self employed I need to pay my own taxes, this includes any amounts I owe HMRC, both from the previous tax year that isn’t due yet, and an estimated amount from this year’s work. This includes the final part of my student loan, which will soon be history
- I keep enough money in cash to cover this liability